Where others saw only superficial politics, Bernanos saw man’s eternal destiny and, indeed, the destiny of God’s Kingdom at stake. Just as an individual sins, plunges into the abyss, undergoes conversion, and confesses his wrongdoing, so too a country in a given epoch of its history.
Bernanos trembled for his dear France, and, like Péguy, he feared lest it fall into the state of mortal sin; but this danger is just as great for all other countries that have entered into a dimension where they risk the enormous danger of modernity: the peril of losing the sense of man.
God’s Gamble now avilable from Amazon
Supporting Our Work
- One Time Donation $5.00
- Website Streaming Media & Podcasts Not Working…sigh
- Episode 15: The Emmaus Road Initiative – Easter In The “Meantime”
- Episode 14: The Emmaus Road Initiative – From Self To Person
- Episode 13: The Emmaus Road Initiative – Why Did It Take The Resurrection To Save Us?
- Episode 12: The Emmaus Road Initiative – Why Did It Take The Crucifixion To Save Us?